Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday, 11/17/2013

I attempted to ride Cheyenne today.  Combination of saddle issues and anxiety got to me which prevented me from riding.  Because my legs are short, normal saddle leg length won't work.  Rick has to shorten the stirrup by about two inches.  Frank, the wonder dog, was running around barking and it made me uncomfortable because Cheyenne was acting a little different too.  At 53 the ground may only be 4-5  feet down but it looks mighty hard.  Kenneth & I sat in the shade and talked while Chelsey & Rick rode out with Everett and came back with wet horses.  The horses had not been rode in a while, simply too hot here.  Cheyenne (Rick rode her) was soaking wet, while Sassy was wet but not soaked.   Dude was corralled so that the others two horses would be free to be ridden  -  he likes to wrangle his ladies.  He worked up such a lather running around the corral - silly horse. 

Everett enjoyed the ride with Chelsey - he was totally relaxed and went to sleep, of course he went to sleep at the back of the place which meant Chelsey had to hold him upright while riding Sassy back up to the front.

Maybe some day I'll learn to post pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment